Around here, we love LINEN. Here are some facts about linen, as well as care instructions.
- Linen is a natural/vegetable fiber, made from the flax plant.
- In terms of manufacturing, the creation of linen uses and creates less energy and waste than synthetic fabrics, as well as cotton, making it one of the most eco-friendly fabrics on the market.
- It has a natural, light wrinkle to it, which adds to its humble and rustic charm. These wrinkles can be ironed out if desired.
- Over time and repeated washing, the fibers will continue to soften.
- Linen stays cool to the touch, even in the heat. It also absorbs moisture easily, yet dries quickly.
- Linen is sensitive to heat, so please machine or hand wash cold. We recommend that our table runners be hand washed due to their long length.
- Natural / line dry or lay flat (especially our cocktail napkins) to dry when possible. Otherwise, tumble dry with air or very low heat.
- Linen will stand up to time longer if line or air dried.
- Iron if desired, on the backside of the printed fabric, as to not scald or discolor the ink.